Friday, November 14, 2008

Tonight's Special

Most days the boys beg me for peanut butter & jelly for lunch, and I often comply. Trey has started asking me lately if he could make it, and I keep putting him off.

Last night I hadn't planned dinner, Jeff was running late and I was going to run out the door as soon as he got home to make it to an appointment. I was upstairs with Roman and Trey came up and asked me if he could make our dinner. He promised he would not use the stove or the oven. I figured he was going to try to make PB&J, so I said yes - but no knives except a butter knife. He headed downstairs to get to work.

After about 10 minutes Roman and I headed down to see what we were eating. Trey had gotten out the toaster from a cabinet, plugged it in and made two pieces of toast. He had a bowl for him and one for Roman, with a piece of turkey lunch meat in each. He added peanuts and separate bowls for some yogurt and I helped him put the butter on the toast. It was adorable! And he was so proud of himself. When did he become so capable and independent???

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.