Friday, November 14, 2008

I can't believe it!

Roman has been potty-trained for quite a while now (thank you God!), but was still wearing a pull-up at night. I figured it would be a long time before he could stay dry at night since his pull-up was always soaked by morning, and often even soaked right through and his jammies and sheets would be wet.

Wednesday night we came home from our small group and sent the boys up to get ready for bed. Roman soon reported that we were out of pull-ups. I hadn't realized since he usually gets his own. Oops. We were too tired and it was too late to go get some so we told him he was just going to have to keep his bed dry. What I didn't tell him was that I was sure it was impossible and so after he was in bed I got extra jammies and sheets all ready for him for when he woke up wet. I dreaded his call during the night... but it never came. Around 7 AM he called me up and told me he had to go potty... and he was dry! Apparently it was all a mental thing for him, he knew the pull-up was there so he knew it was okay to go. Without the pull-up he knew he had to stay dry. I didn't buy more pull-ups, he went to bed in underwear again last night and woke up dry again. We are SO excited!!!

Go Roman!!!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good grief I thought you were going to tell me you were pregnant.lol. But that is awesome!!! Now that you have finally arrived at no diapers or pullups, you will never want to go back :)

KEI said...

Oh Carla, that gives me hope! Ryan still has a pullup at night, but maybe it's a mental thing for him too! I just might try it tonight, wish me luck! K

Unknown said...

what to do with all that extra money, way to go mo-licious

Dan and Alenna said...

That's awesome! I can't wait until my boys are diaper and pull-up free too!