Friday, June 27, 2008

Better

Thanks for the encouragement (Heather and Martha, it is so great to hear from you!). The headache has faded (thank you God) and although he fought it to start, Roman is still napping. When he first went down Trey had his quiet time and I took advantage of it to scrapbook. I rarely do it during the day, but it was a good break for me. I scrapbooked a picture I took in March specifically for the purpose of journaling what is now on this page -- the journaling says this:

“Are they both yours?”
“Do they have the same father?”
“Are they brothers?”
“Does the mailman have blonde hair?”
And the most popular:

“WHERE DID HE GET THE BLONDE HAIR?”
These are questions I get all the time. Almost everyone I know has asked, as well as countless total strangers. One even asked Trey if Roman was really his brother! I have gotten one form or another of these questions at least once a week since Roman was born.
It gets old.
Oh, and the answer is YES! - they are both ours!

5 comments:

Dan and Alenna said...

I'm glad you're doing better now and that you got some you time this afternoon. Your earlier blog made me get teary because I could relate to it (except for the marathon headache part) so well. But now it's bedtime and the weekend is ahead of us. I hope you enjoy it, hon!

Martha said...

And they're both beautiful too.

I will admit I was just a little surprised at how fair Roman is, but isn't it just like God to surprise us like that?

Heather said...

Great scrapbook page!! Trey probably wonders what in the world is wrong with people wondering if that is really his brother:)

Bethany said...

Hi Carla! Glad to see you have a blog and I love this post. They really do look a lot alike except for their coloring. I have to agree with my Mom and say it is cool when God surprises us like that :)

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! That is an awesome page!!!!!! Dont think comments will ever stop no matter what your kids look like. I have had the strangest questions asked. But here is a cute on, my friend around the corner has triplets, that are now Joes age. The boy is a pure blonde, 1 girl has jet black hair, and the other girl is a knockout RED head. :) Anyway, there is no mistaking Roman to be yours and Jeffs, and My gosh does Trey look like Corey growing up:) Miss ya , love ya!