Friday, June 20, 2008

Better Late Than Never

I love to plant and care for my garden each year, but this year has been complicated. First we were delayed because of the move. Then Jeff was going to dig it up for me and realized the ground was just too hard, so we borrowed not one, but two different tillers, and neither was strong enough to break our clay ground. Finally we were given the great idea to build a raised garden and we got that done yesterday. I went for topsoil at Walmart's garden center where they have a great deal on it, but the person I talked to grossly underestimated how much I would need and I only brought home enough to do half the garden. So, we did that much (the garden is framed in two rectangles anyway) and we'll get the rest done asap. It's way to late for peas, but hopefully we'll still get some good tomatoes, pumpkins, squash, zucchini and maybe even corn! Pictures will be up when I have plants!

No comments: