Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ahh... Vacation

A mom doens't really get very many vacations. Family vacations still include a lot of work. So what I have now... two plus days of my kids being out of town, safe and happy with grandparents... that's what I consider a real vacation! Don't get me wrong, I love family style vacations too, but, moms out there, you have to admit that you come home at least as tired as when you left!

So today I got up and went running (didn't have to worry about if Jeff was available to be home with the boys), did some quick cleaning that needed doing (no interruptions means it was pretty fast), took a peaceful shower, scrapbooked a whole page without interruption or guilt and just spent an hour outside enjoying the sun, my garden and my silly dogs who play like little puppies.

So nice...

1 comment:

Martha said...

Yes, mom vacations are very nice. I didn't get many, they usually included a trip out of town on a job with James, but they were much appreciated. (Of course, sending the kids to camp helps too... Even VBS worked.)