Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Camping

Last week was wonderful. We had a good time relaxing and spending time together while the boys were gone, then had a blast when we joined them. We rode bikes and went on the lake in a row boat. We saw an amazing fireworks show and enjoyed our own campfire and sparklers every night. We climbed the amazing "Thunder Rocks", saw tons of wildlife and just loved every minute of it. What a great week.

Here are some pics I love:

The boys wore Grandpa out!



Jeff and his cousin reached the top of a difficult rock at Thunder Rocks. (Some cousins and Aunt Diane came for a couple hours one night.)


They said I couldn't do it, so of course I had to prove them wrong (I succeeded). (This is the other side of the same rock - the same place they climbed up.)



This is me and Jeff and the boys in the row boat, with a great view of the area around the lake and "Red House", which contains the welcome center, gift shop, museum and a restaurant.



Here are Grandma and Grandpa enjoying their turns on the bikes they rented and we shared.


My wonderful Nala, tirelessly doing two of her favorite things: swimming and fetching.



This is Stone Tower, it was our last stop before leaving Allegheny. It was really cool!


And how could I be out in this beautiful park and not get at least a few flower pictures? :) I was thrilled to find Forget-Me-Nots, one of my favorite flowers.

5 comments:

Martha said...

I love the one of Grandpa laying on the rock!

And I was wondering about Nala. Seems like she was a puppy just the other day.

Looks like a great time! I've never stayed at Alleghany.

Alvana said...

Alleghany State Park! Very cool! I've never heard of Thunder Rock, but I've climbed up the outside of the stone tower! Glad you guys had a good time.

Dan and Alenna said...

Well, Alvana beat me to the comment about the stone tower. But I have to say good job climbing at Thunder Rock, especially when the guys said you couldn't do it. Go Carla!

Heather said...

It sounds like a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing the pictures, especially the picture of Barb and Felipe (did I spell that right?) It is so good to see them!

Bethany said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. I love your photos. I may just have to suggest going there to my hubby :)