Sunday, May 4, 2008

We Made It

There were quite a few days there that I wasn't sure we would survive the move, but we made it. We slept at the new house for the first time last night. My family was down to help with the move, so sleeping here were six adults, two kids and two dogs. We woke up and didn't have power. We sat around trying to wake up until we realized that, since there were no clocks up yet, we had lost track of time and needed to leave for church in about half an hour. We still didn't have power (apparently most houses in our area didn't). Somehow we got out the door and even arrived at church on time. :)

Here is Roman, ready for the move:


One of the highlights of our moving weekend was putting up the tire swing we had promised the boys. It was a big success. Here are a couple of pics (the ground is still dirt - we're waiting for the grass seed to sprout):

2 comments:

Alvana said...

The tree and the tire swing in your yard look so inviting! I'll have to make sure to swing on it the next time I'm out to visit you! Glad that the move went well!

Dan and Alenna said...

Good job making it to church on time - I don't think I could have done it. I can't wait to see the new place!