Monday, May 12, 2008

Boxes, Boxes, Everywhere

That's the title of a kids' book we borrowed from the library in prep for the move. Fittingly, it's also the state of my life right now. I'm suspicious that they're multiplying every time I turn my back...

It seems that my day-to-day activity is consumed with, well, day-to-day activity, which makes it hard to put a dent in the unpacking and settling in. Our yard is still VERY muddy (although the grass is beginning to show), so I'm mopping the kitchen literally a few times a day. We're walking the dogs on leashes on especially wet days to minimize the mud, but they still bring some in.

I was happy this morning though to be sitting down at the table and see deer in the back yard. I am so excited to be seeing them! There was either one who crossed the field twice (across, then back), or two who crossed opposite each other within a few minutes. I'm not sure, but either way it made me smile.

Maybe I'll hang some pictures to make it feel more like people live here, rather than just boxes...

No comments: