Monday, May 14, 2007

The rest of Mothers' Day

The rest of my mothers' day was supposed to be calm and low-key, but it didn't quite turn out that way. It wasn't bad... exactly...

Here are my scrapbook pages and here is the journaling from the second page:

We took a walk together to the duck pond Mothers' Day evening, it was a perfect night for a walk. We had fun watching the baby ducks and throwing them bread. When the bread was about gone we walked the 20 feet or so from the edge of the water back up to the path. Suddenly Roman took off running from next to me toward the water. I don't know what he was after, but he didn't stop when I called him and I suddenly realized that he was going downhill as fast as he could and couldn't stop! I ran after him, but was too late. He kept going, straight into the dirty, murky, stinky water, where he then fell face-first. As I ran after him I knew I didn't want to go in the water, but I had no choice. I ran in after him and pulled him out. Thankfully, he was fine, so there was nothing to do but laugh and head home. By the time we got there we really stunk! I put him in the bath and scrubbed him clean... twice!
Happy Mothers' Day to me!







No comments: