Saturday, February 20, 2010

V-Day

It's like D-Day, except with flowers. At least that's how crazy it seemed to me!

We were frantically busy for several days at the flower shop leading up to and including Valentines' Day. Yes, that's a good thing for business, but I was worn out! If I had any idea how many roses I processed and arranged I would tell you, but I didn't even try to keep count. I can tell you that we did arrangements as simple as one rose and as big as 40! We did tropicals, lilies, a bazillion daisies and alstromeria, and tons of my current favorite, beautiful spring tulips! It was so fun and so crazy all at the same time.

In the midst of the chaos we decided to be closed for Presidents' day on Monday... we were too tired to want to be open! Then Tuesday was another wave of the crazy snow storms that have been coming through, so we ended up being closed then too. What a relief, I needed some time off!

1 comment:

Alvana said...

"Like D-Day, except with flowers"... ha, ha! What a funny figure of speech! Glad you got a few days off to relax!