Thursday, January 7, 2010

Good-Bye Christmas

Christmas got packed up yesterday. I wasn't ready to say good-bye. It seems like each year I've been enjoying getting wrapped up in the Christmas season more and more. Usually by now I'm ready to have my house back from the tree and decor, but I wasn't feeling that way yet. However, I do have limits - even in my holiday mood, and the chaos and clutter and pine needles piled beneath the tree had to be sorted and put away (or vacuumed). So away it all went. The new toys, all the ornaments, stockings and nativity. I considered one more morning of Christmas music, but listening to it while packing everything away didn't seem right. So instead I made a game of packing the (non-breakable) ornaments with the boys and got it done. I was relieved to have the space in the living room again, and it's exciting to say good-bye to 2009 and venture deeper into the new year to see what lies ahead.

I know what lies ahead this weekend... lots and lots of flowers. We're preparing for our booth at the big bridal show this weekend and it has us BUSY. It will make for a long, exhausting few days but it will also be a lot of fun... and include cake tastings!

No comments: