Monday, January 18, 2010

Day Off

The flower shop was closed today, so vacation day for me!! Woo-hoo! We slept in, Jeff made bacon and eggs for breakfast and before we knew it our lazy morning was creeping into afternoon. The boys asked me if today would be a good day to go to the mall to use the Build-a-Bear gift cards they got for Christmas and I thought it was a good idea. So the three of us headed out to join all the other people at the mall who had today off. :) We went straight to Build-a-Bear where we had a great time picking out new animals, filling them, and choosing their clothes/accessories. If you've never been to B-a-B it is really cute and the kids love it.

My favorite part of the trip though was at Childrens' Place after B-a-B. I got a few great deals and paid with a gift card that was also from Christmas. I loved that, but it wasn't the best part. The best part was when Trey was asking me something at the cash register and I told him he needed to go back to where he'd been sitting with Roman and I'd be done in a minute. He kept talking and I told him that we would take care of it in a minute, "right now I need obedience". He promptly turned (with a good attitude even!) and went back to where Roman was until I was done. Great moment. What made it even better was when the cashier looked at me and said "Wow. I wish I could get that to work!"

My kids aren't perfect, but they are fantastic for sure. I'm so proud of them. :)

1 comment:

Alvana said...

What a great moment!