Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Blogger Friend

I headed to NY this past weekend with Trey. I was going to be at my sister-in-law's baby shower and Jeff and I decided to make it an opportunity for each of us to have extended one-on-one time with one of the boys. So, Trey came with me and Jeff and Roman stayed home. It was a cool experience breaking up the kids like that. I wouldn't want to do it all the time, but I think once in a while it's good for them.

Trey and I were hanging out with my mom on Friday doing various things and we spontaneously decided to stop at Lollipop Farm to see the animals when we were driving by. (Lollipop Farm is a humane society location with lots of cats and dogs for adoption, some rabbits and smaller animals and some sheep and goats too.)

We pulled in and parked in the half-empty parking lot and as we were getting out of the car a van pulled in and parked next to us. I did a double take when I recognized the driver as my friend Martha! I have known Martha for several years, she and her family are long-time family friends and former neighbors of the Riveras (my in-laws). We don't see each other often now, but regularly keep up on each others' blogs. Martha got out and we laughed and talked. I re-introduced her to my mom, whom she has met a couple of times over the last many years. She had also spontaneously stopped to get some information and hadn't even seen me until she was parked. I believe God has a sense of humor and thought it would be fun for all of us to run into each other. :)

Here are me and Martha in front of the horse statue inside Lollipop Farm:

1 comment:

Martha said...

I just can't seem to keep my eyes open. What a funny chance meeting that was! Next time we should meet for lunch or something.