Sunday, October 19, 2008

Birthday Boy!

My sweet little Roman turned 3 yesterday. Wow. It really does fly. We had a great day, so of course I've included pictures. A little aside about pictures though, my wonderful camera stopped working last week. I'm so upset about it. Because it was Roman's birthday we decided we had to get a camera right away and so we bought a cool little Casio. It's tiny and fits easily in my purse, which is nice. However, we had very little time to get used to it or try out any settings, so I feel like we didn't get all the best pictures from his day. But I did have a camera and did get plenty lots of cute ones, I shouldn't complain. Someday I'll have the amazing camera I dream of...

Anyway, back on track. We had a great day with Roman, he's such a sweet ball of energy... when he's not terrorizing anyone!

One of my favorite traditions we've had with our boys is that the birthday person (and only the birthday person) gets ice cream for breakfast on his/her birthday. So here's Roman, enjoying his special breakfast.


We had a super-cool firetruck birthday party at a REAL firestation. The firemen were great, they were all so nice to him (and us). They gave our group a tour and each kid got to sit in the a firetruck. We had some great friends with us, Roman was surrounded by his friends and their families. It was a blast! Here's Roman when he arrived at the party and put on his "Fire Chief" hat.


Daddy with his birthday boy:


And Roman in the truck. He got to go first as the birthday boy and he loved every minute of it.



As big brother Trey got to go second in the truck, and loved it! I've got to brag a little, Trey is an amazing boy. Like most boys his age though, I knew there was a possibility of jealousy while brother was getting all the attention and presents, etc. So I talked to Trey that morning. He told me he knew it was Roman's special day and that his would come soon. I was so proud of him as he spent the whole day looking out for his brother and celebrating with him. We never had any trouble with jealousy, and he was really able to enjoy the day as big brother.


And of course, a shot of Roman and his cake:


Happy birthday Roman! Every day of these three years has been a gift from God. Life would not be the same without you. I love you.

4 comments:

KEI said...

Awesome! Great party and pictures. Your boys are too cute! Happy Bday Roman!

Martha said...

Aren't kids great? Looks like Roman has a great day at the fire station. Happy Birthday!

Alvana said...

Happy birthday to Roman! What a fun day!

Dan and Alenna said...

Happy birthday to Roman! I was thinking of him that day (J and Lori were visiting and Lori had asked about you and I told her that Roman was turning 3 that day.), but I didn't get a chance to get online. So glad that Roman got to have an awesome birthday party!