Monday, October 13, 2008

Bittersweet

This past weekend was absolutely beautiful. We're surrounded by trees turning all different colors. I was driving (I think it was Friday evening), the windows were open, the air was warm, the sun was bright and the leaves were every shade of red, orange and yellow. I was alone in the car (rare!) and had some good music on loud. (No Mom, it wasn't so loud as to damage my hearing, just loud enough that I didn't hear my phone when Jeff was trying to call me... oops.) It was perfect. The bitter part in my "bittersweet" is that I know winter is on it's way and I just don't look forward to the cold and snow and mud and feeling stuck indoors. I'm going to try to keep focusing on the beauty of fall though so that I don't miss it while I'm worrying about winter. I've been at the computer a lot today as I have some stuff going on this week with my internet business, and from my chair here I have a stunning view of trees. They are right outside the window and all afternoon the sun was hitting them making the oranges and yellows glow. Amazing. Too bad my camera isn't working.

So why haven't I been blogging? I don't know. Somehow it's become something I "should" do, which makes me not do it. Hmmm. I need to get my mindset back to it being a fun outlet... I'm going to work on that. :)

I hope you're all well, leave me a note and let me know you've stopped in to read!

7 comments:

KEI said...

Great blog and I love seeing the pic's of you and Jeff as well as the boys! I will be checking back often to see what other insightful things you have blogged about. Thanks for sharing with me!
K

Anonymous said...

I understand the feeling of "I should update the blog" or "I need to post about (fill in the blank)" When it feels like a chore, it does take the fun out of it. I do miss seeing what is going on with you guys though, guess I should call more often.
Lor

Martha said...

I know what you mean about "bittersweet". I am dreading winter too, although I never have to feel guilty about being inside when its cold and yucky out. (There is a positive side there.) I don't have any trouble keeping up with my blog, much to My Darling's dismay. :)

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It was nice to see you.

Dan and Alenna said...

I agree with you about the fall being bittersweet. And I also have to say that I have missed a phone call or two when I've been in the car by myself as well... there's just something so great about being able to crank up the radio when you're all by yourself, isn't there?!

Unknown said...

I keep looking for that spectacular display of photography on your blog :)

Heather said...

Yeah, you're back. I missed you!

Unknown said...

as always i love seeing my boys, all three of them- i love the stories behind the pictures. thanks for taking the time to share. love mom-r