Sunday, March 7, 2010

Warm!

It's warm out! At least it feels warm. And there's SUNSHINE! I'm so happy to see the sun. I never fully realize how much I miss it until it's back. And it make me feel so happy!

The boys and I went on a walk yesterday to enjoy the sun and higher temperatures. We played Bear Grylls, hiking on "glaciers" and following animal tracks (deer, raccoon, we think coyote, and of course our dogs'). We made a huge loop around some of the land here, since our road isn't great for walking on. I think we had more fun this way anyway.

Today we went to our favorite local park, Liberty Park. I really expected there to be less snow, but at least the equipment was dry for running, climbing, swinging and sliding. It seems everyone was thrilled to see the sun, there were several other families. All us moms were talking about the sun and snow and being so happy to get the kids outside. Like many other areas of the country, we've seen more snow here recently then we usually do in a whole winter.

Tonight is the second service for our new church. We didn't have a service last week because our sending church was having a special service in the evening we all went to. I am excited to see how tonight goes, and how many people are there.

1 comment:

Dan and Alenna said...

Doesn't it just seem like everything is better (or at least easier to tolerate even if it's not better) when it's sunny outside? That's how I feel! I'm hoping to get the kids out to a park this afternoon too. Yay for spring-like weather!