Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Date Night

I had a great date tonight, with Trey! It was time for some Momma-Treybie time, so we left Jeff and Roman to fend for themselves and headed out to dinner. We went to Max & Erma's, a family-friendly place with good food and a build-your-own-sundae-bar. I love ice cream. Trey does too. We're a match made in heaven. He enjoyed his burger and fruit while I ate half a delicious sandwich and brought half home for tomorrow. Then we hit the sundae bar. We had a blast building the sundaes and loved eating them so much that we went back for a third one to split! (Good thing they're small!)

It reminded me of when I was a kid and my family would sometimes go to Ponderosa for dinner after church. We all always got the salad bar, which included an ice cream bar. We would get at least two servings of ice cream each and my parents didn't even seem to care! We would get a cone for the road when we were ready to leave and would often fill the bottom of the cone with toppings (mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc.), then ice cream and more toppings. It was so much fun!

No comments: