Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Trip to NY

Wow, one week without a post and I'm already getting harassed. Good to know I have loyal readers!

There was a little excitement last week... my neighbors are great people, but they have this excitable young Doberman I'm not very fond of. Apparently he's not very fond of me either. Late morning on Wednesday he unexpectedly bit me. He bit and let go very quickly, we're still not sure exactly why. He put two puncture wounds on my forearm. I went to the doctor to get it checked. They don't stitch dog bites generally because of the high risk of infection, but I did get a tetanus shot (ouch) and prescription for antibiotics. I'm going to be fine, my poor neighbors are so upset though. They've apologized over and over... I'm just thankful it was me and not a child!

On to a more fun note...

Trey, Roman and I took a trip to NY this weekend, Saturday to Tuesday (today). A couple of girlfriends I grew up with were in town and I wanted to see them. Amy, Alenna, Alvana and I have known each other pretty much forever and were inseparable as girls. We're all married now and live in four different states. This weekend was the first time we've all been together since Alenna's wedding three years ago. That's way too long! We didn't have a lot of time together as we were all traveling different places at different time
s, but it was amazing to be together anyway. The three of them are beautiful, Godly women and I cherish them... even when we don't see each other for long periods of time!

I also spent a bunch of time with Jeff's parents, my brother and his wife, and my parents. My parents took us to the fire hall (they are volunteer EMTs) so the boys could climb on the firetrucks. At Jeff's parents' we did a lot of four-wheeling
and just playing outside. We also ate ice cream EVERY NIGHT! I love ice cream. :)

Here are a few pictures of my weekend. At the top left are Alvana, Amy, myself and Alenna. Below them is a shot of Main Street in the tiny town I grew up in. Next to and below that are pictures of the boys at the fire hall, and the bottom right is just some beautiful country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As you said in a previous post, weird stuff does happen to you.
Question: Where was Nala to protect you?
Lor