Sunday, August 1, 2010

When did he get so grown up?


My sweet little Trey is 6 1/2 now and getting ready to start first grade. I can't believe it. He is an amazing kid. Today we went swimming with friends for a couple of hours and he didn't wear any life vest the whole time. He's officially a swimmer now, and without any lessons! He also read our bedtime story to me and Roman tonight. I think he gets better every time I hear him read. It has been so exciting to me to have watched him learn to read. I love seeing him try new words and get them, and even when he doesn't get them, he tries and that's all I ask.

Lately I've noticed we've been sharing more and more "inside jokes" and he'll look at me, smile and shake his head when Roman is doing something silly.

He's also become so much more confident and independent over the past year. (Kindergarten was really good for him.) He tries new things - and succeeds! He is strong and fast and smart. He's so sweet too, this morning at church he waited around the coffee table while the coffee was brewing (we were there early) so that he could get the first cup of coffee for me! He even added sweetener and stirred it for me.

Sometimes I can't believe I was chosen to be his mom! I must be the luckiest woman on earth!

2 comments:

Dan and Alenna said...

I love that Trey got a cup of coffee for you! What a sweetie!

Alvana said...

Aww! I praise God that you've been blessed with Trey... and Roman! Two sweet boys.