Friday, June 19, 2009

Ugh.

I might be whining a little bit here, so if you don't want to hear it, stop reading now.

Things are tough. No worse than would be expected I guess, but it's not easy. Jeff's been out of work now for 8 1/2 weeks with almost no leads on a new job. He's very stressed out. I'm working about 30 hours/week at the flower shop. I do enjoy it, I have nothing negative to say about my job, except that we're not used to being in this role reversal. Jeff isn't used to being home with the boys so much, and they miss me. I miss them too. Roman especially is having some trouble with the whole thing.

Kodak hugely screwed up Jeff's termination paperwork causing all kinds of frustrating delays. I'm reviewing the termination agreement we finally got in the mail and they actually want us to sign and have notarized a statement that we received the agreement on or before April 26th and have had 45 days to review it. We didn't get it until this week. It's postmarked Jun 10. I don't imagine we'll be signing that statement.

We still have no answers as to Cobra benefits or any potential vacation pay. I'm afraid our medical coverage is going to lapse because Kodak isn't getting us the paperwork we need. We also don't have dollar answers from unemployment because they too were waiting for information from Kodak which was delayed.

I'm so frustrated. I just need to be able to make a plan. I also need some ice cream.

1 comment:

Dan and Alenna said...

That's a lot to deal with from Kodak. I'm so sorry things have been so messed up! I wish I could do more, but I know the best thing we could be doing is praying, and we are doing that. I love you!