Sunday, December 14, 2008

Doubly Special

Trey loves "projects" - it can be coloring or painting or cutting and gluing, anything. A couple of days ago he drew this picture and gave it to me. It is so special and will probably be one I'll keep forever. Without us knowing why, he asked Jeff and me and Roman each what our favorite thing was. He then sat down alone and drew four pictures, representing each of our answers and his own. One reason this is so special is because Roman's answer was that his favorite thing is "sitting on Momma's lap". Could that be any sweeter? It's also so special just because it's fantastic! I mean yes, it's art by a 5-yr-old, but he came up with this great idea and followed it through by himself! I absolutely love it.

Starting in the top left and going clock-wise, here are the answers he got to "What is your favorite thing?"

1. I said: "Playing with you" (note the blocks and ball we're playing with and the sun shining in the window!)
2. Roman said "Sitting on Momma's lap" (which he really does do all the time!)
3. Jeff said "My family", so the picture is me with both boys
4. Trey's answer to the question is going outside to play, so the green part of the picture is him in a doorway (going outside), and the brown part is him running "really fast" outside.

You can't tell me this isn't precious!!!

3 comments:

KEI said...

Yes, that is too precious! That's definitely a keeper! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

i think he is very smart and talented, what a thinker :)

Martha said...

I love five year old drawings! I still have a collection from when my kids were little. You must make sure they have names on them or when you get to seven children you will not know who drew what. :)