Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fun at the Zoo

Our fun summer activities have continued non-stop! We're tired but loving it. Last week some of Jeff's family was here for the weekend, it was so cool to have them visit.

Yesterday I took the boys to the zoo, we stayed for hour, we were just having too much fun to leave! We saw a tiny baby lemur (monkey) that I thought was adorable. Roman liked that it was orange (they turn gray when they're a little older). We went on the boat ride they always beg for, and most exciting of all, we were charged twice by a 300-pound gorilla! The first time I almost peed my pants. Apparently he's started charging at the glass/fence lately when there are big groups of matching children (we were next to a group) because he thinks they are a bigger pack then his pack and he's trying to show that this is his area. Let me tell you, I do not EVER want to face a gorilla like him in the wild. I have never seen anything like that!

On the other hand, a cute little bonobo (like a gorilla, but smaller) was showing off for us. He was right next to the glass where we were with a few other people and was dancing around and doing somersaults. He was cracking us up, it was adorable!

What a fun day...

1 comment:

Heather said...

OH, I love the zoo. I think I am going to take Davin this week. Your gorilla story sounds very scary! Were the boys scared??