Sunday, October 7, 2007

Adventures in Bed Buying

Actually, I wasn't even buying the bed, I was helping Amber. She bought a new bed frame and headboard and matching dresser, but didn't have a vehicle to transport them in. So we went together on Saturday to get them. We got them back to her apartment without too much trouble, then started taking down her old bed frame. I hadn't even thought about what size frame she had gotten, but when we were taking down the old frame I asked her, "this is a double, right?". She stopped and looked at me... "a double is the same as a queen... right?" UH-OH. Her mattress set is a double bed, but the new frame only came in queen! She had remembered buying her comforter sized double/queen, so she assumed they were the same!

It has worked out for her though, she got a great sale for a new mattress set, since she wanted one anyway, and her bedroom looks great! Her only problem is that I think it's a very funny story, so I keep telling people!

No comments: