Sunday, February 22, 2009

Still at the Flower Shop

I never followed up with another post about working at the flower shop. I've had a lot of fun and apparently done sufficiently well because the owner, Jill, has asked me to stay on. She's having surgery in a few weeks and needs to know she has some people who can manage things while she's gone. One of my amazing friends has offered to watch the kids one day a week for now, so I'll work one weekday and Saturdays between now and the surgery, then help out as much as I can for a couple of weeks. I am flattered by the confidence she's shown in me - even leaving me alone in the shop a couple of times! I've loved learning about flowers and arranging them. I have learned some cool techniques of how things are done.

Oh and Saturday my boss sent me home with enough pink, yellow and white daisies to fill three vases around my house! They're old enough that she doesn't want to sell them and have them wilt quickly for a paying customer, but not so old that they're not beautiful. So she gave them to me. :) Nice perk of the job!

No comments: